Before you can authenticate a Syncplicity element instance, you must complete these steps:
- Provision a developer sandbox account
- Create an application token
- Register your app with Syncplicity to Obtain API Key and Secret
Provision a developer sandbox account
Create an Enterprise Edition account and set up a developer sandbox account by completing the steps in Syncplicity's First-time login to Syncplicity Developer Portal documentation.
Create an Application Token
Create an application token by completing these steps:
- Login to your Syncplicity account and navigate to the Account tab.
- In the Profile section, click Create.
Your application token is generated. Note the application token, as you will use it during authentication.
Register your app with Syncplicity to Obtain API Key and Secret
Register your app by completing these steps:
- Login to the Syncplicity API Developer Portal and click My Apps.
- Note the App Key and App Secret on the Settings page.
- In the Redirect URI field, enter
- In the Default Scope dropdown, select the scope required by your application, based on the actions it will perform.
- In the Developers section, ensure that your Syncplicity API Developer Portal account is listed. If not, click Add Developer and follow the steps.
- Click Save.