Cloud Elements provides a query override field for any elements whose native search specifications are different from the standard fields implemented on the resource in Cloud Elements. For example, if you are using the Hubspot Marketing element and want to search for a customer's email, you would query on
person.email, as opposed to simply "email," a more commonly used field. This means that when mapping Hubspot Marketing fields in a transformation, you must override the
PERSON.EMAIL in order to successfully use the search; otherwise, you will receive an invalid expression type error.
If the Query Field Name is left blank, the mapped field value will be used.
To use the query override field with a VDR, complete these steps:
- Log in to Cloud Elements and click Virtual Data Resources.
- On the My Resources tab, hover over the VDR and click Mappings.
- On the Mappings tab, find the field whose name you want to override and click the Field Settings button.
- On the Field Settings drawer, enter the overriding value to query at the endpoint in the Query Field Name field, and then click Save.
- To test the query override, click the Try It Out button.
All elements support the CEQL query override field. However, some elements may need to use it more frequently than others based on the naming of their fields. See the element's documentation for additional information.