In order to create an instance of the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations element, you must have the following:
- A Microsoft Azure Active Directory account
- A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations account
Note: the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations trial does not provide API access. See Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Authenticate an Element for additional information.
- A web application registered with both Azure Active Directory and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
Registering a Web Application with Azure
To register a new web application with Azure Active Directory, follow these steps:
- In a web browser, navigate to the Azure Portal and sign in using your Azure Active Directory credentials.
- From the left-hand navigation toolbar, select Azure Active Directory and then select App registration.
- Select New registration.
- On the Register an application screen, enter the name, supported account types, and optional redirect URI for your application, and then click Register. For more information on the application registration process, see Microsoft's documentation.
- After registering your new application, record the Application (client) ID as displayed in your application's overview page, as you will need to provide it during the authentication process.
- Under the Call APIs section, click the View API Permissions button.
- On the API permissions page, click the Add a permission button.
- On the Request API permissions/Select an API page, select Dynamics ERP, and then enable the three delegated permissions:
- Click Add permissions.
- Click the Update permissions button, and then click Certificates & secrets.
- On the Certificates & secrets page, click the New client secret button.
- Enter a name for your client secret, select the Never option in the Expires column, and click Add.
- Record the newly created client secret value, as you can't retrieve it once you leave the page.
- Click Authentication.
- On the Authentication page, add
https://auth.cloudelements.io/oauthto the Redirect URI field, and then click Save.
Registering the Azure Application with Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- In a web browser, navigate to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
- Select System administration, then select Setup.
- Select Azure Active Directory applications, and then click New.
- Enter the following values in their respective fields:
- Client Id: the application ID registered in Azure Active Directory, which you recorded during registering the application with Azure
- Name: the name for the application
- User ID: the ID of the service account user who will have the permissions for the application's operations
- After entering the values, click Save.
After completing these steps, you should have this information recorded and available:
- Application (client) ID
- Client secret