With the Manage Environments feature you can import and export all your artifacts, like Elements, Formulas and Virtual Data Resources, from one account or environment to another.
To use this feature:
- On the UI, click on Settings > Manage Environments.
- The page that appears will show use the history of changes made already.
- Click the dropdown icon for more information on a particular operation.
- You can use the Import, Export or Promote functions in this feature.
- Click on the Export button on the top right corner of the page.
- The screen that appears shows all the Elements, Formulas and Virtual Data Resources that are available in your current environment.
- Select the artifacts that you'd like to export out of the environment you're on.
- Click the Export Selected Content button.
- Click on Stop Export to stop exporting the artifacts in your environment. On doing so, you can select the items you would like to export again.
- Once exported, all the artifacts get saved in a file in your computer.
- Click on the import button on the top right corner.
- On the screen that opens, click on the Select File from Computer button.
- Select the file from your computer that contains the artifacts you saved when you exported them from another environment.
- If the file selected is incorrect, you see an error message as shown below.
Click Continue to select a different file.
- Once you upload the file, you should be able to see the file and all the Elements, Formulas and Virtual Data Resources that it contains on the screen that appears.
- Select all the items you would like to import and click Import Selected Content.
- Click on Stop Import to stop importing the items in your file. On doing so, can select the items you would like to import again.
- You can see the progress of the artifacts being imported.
- Once the import is complete, a message appears as shown below.
- Click Continue to go back to the Manage Environments landing page and perform a different action.
In case of an error while you are importing your artifacts from one environment to another, an error message appears.
Click Continue and then the Revert Selected Content button on the top right corner of the page to start revert any changes you made and start Importing again.
Click on Stop Revert to stop reverting any changes.
Once complete, a message appears as shown below.