You can now interact with file data without having to depend on building elements or procuring sandboxes by making use of the Files Element. The element is an API via which a file based data export from an endpoint service can be interacted with.
To set up the Files element:
- Provision an instance of the Files Element by navigating to the Files Element, entering an instance name, and clicking 'Create Instance'.
- Upload your file using the POST method. We support .csv, .xlsx, JSONL file formats.
- Click 'Try it out'. Some mandatory fields will appear.
- Enter the objectName and add the file you want to upload in the field named 'body'.
- When you make the API call, you will see the Cloud Elements-generated metadata in the response body.
In the above screenshot:
- 'id' provides the id of the file
- 'typeName' is the data type. All data types are set to 'string', but can be changed to - integer, boolean, and date. Data type "date" has no effect as of now and will come in a later release.
- 'nullable', 'autoIncrement' and 'primaryKey' are set to 'false' by default.
Once you POST a file, refresh the page to see your objectName as a resource. You can now read the file, append data rows, download the file, or update file metadata.